August 3rd, 2011
Our Ocean Isle wedding planners have been compiling the most comprehensive wedding checklist in order to help you easily organize your wedding plans. And while you’ve already seen our lists for 12+, 9-12, 5-8, 3-4, 2, 1 month and two weeks before your wedding, our latest is aimed to keep you calm, cool and collected on one of the biggest weeks of your life!
- Make a few simple phone calls. Confirm your own honeymoon reservations, and the reservations for your wedding guests from out-of-town.
- Pack for your honeymoon and don’t forget your passport and any other necessary paperwork if applicable.
- Play dress-up! Organize your wedding day ensemble, including accessories, try on everything one more time and break-in your shoes.
- Also, pick up all of the men’s formalwear and make your groom and groomsmen try on everything once more as well.
- Pack a small “emergency” bag for your wedding day, including makeup touch-up items, hair brushes, etc.
- On the day before your wedding, give the rings to the best man.
- And finally…enjoy your bachelorette and bachelor parties!
- On the day of your wedding: relax, enjoy each moment, get your hair and makeup done, dress and marry the man of your dreams!
July 26th, 2011
If it’s only two weeks before your wedding day, you may feel stressed or unsure of how to tackle your list of things to do, and we want to help! Our Ocean Isle Beach wedding planners have been compiling the ultimate wedding checklists for 12+, 9-12, 5-8, 3-4, 2 and 1 month before your wedding timelines on our blog and we are now at the two-week mark before your wedding.
- Be prepared to do a little paperwork. Pick up your marriage license and if you are changing your last name, begin the process of changing your name with the state DMV, Social Security, your employers, bank accounts, passports, credit cards, etc.
- Give the caterer and rehearsal location coordinator your final head count. Also finalize the floor and seating plan for the reception with the location coordinator.
- Think ahead for your reception. Confirm the delivery times for rental items and flowers, song list with your DJ and time your attendants will be arriving. Also prepare your checks for your vendors, including tips for the bartenders or anyone else for the wedding day.
- Confirm your plans with your officiant and/or church official.
- Delegate any small tasks for the wedding to your bridal party, such as who will help organize and transport the gifts or give out the tips after the rehearsal. Make this a fun a ladies’ night event with dinner and drinks! Make sure they all have each other’s contact information in case of emergencies.
- Book your spa day for the day before your wedding, including a manicure and pedicure.
July 21st, 2011
In order to be completely ready for your wedding day, we have been compiling the ultimate Wedding Planning Checklist in our most recent blog post series! And now our Ocean Isle Beach wedding planners have finalized the one month checklist for your convenience:
- First, finalize your look! Schedule your last fitting, purchase any accessories you will want for your wedding day, and begin to play with your hair and makeup options. Schedule a cut and color if necessary and try out different looks with your stylist. Be sure to bring your veil and if you are using a make-up artist, schedule them for the same day so you can also have your bridal portraits done the same day.
- Organize your RSVP’s. Remember to update the database you created months ago with your RSVP’s and use it to input your gifts. It will make “Thank You” note writing much easier down the road! If someone has not responded yet, you may want to call them personally.
- Apply for your marriage license. If you are changing your last name, be sure to get a few extra copies for future use.
- Finalize your seating chart, design and print your wedding programs and mail your rehearsal dinner invitations.
- Confirm delivery times with vendors and make the final payments, as many companies require your balance to be paid in full 30 days prior to the event.
- Also confirm the scheduled appointments for hair and makeup on the day of your wedding for yourself, bridesmaids and mothers of the bride and groom.
- Stock the bar for your rehearsal dinner and reception. Having those RSVP’s will be especially helpful here!
- Purchase bridesmaids’ gifts and…
- If you’re writing your own vows, prepare those now!
July 11th, 2011
When you decide to have your wedding ceremony at the beach, you set the tone for at least a somewhat casual affair, but you also want to feel elegant. Our Ocean Isle Beach wedding planners understand that level of balance necessary to make your big day special, so we’ve compiled a list of tips to choosing the perfect beach wedding dress!
- First, choosing the right fabric is a must. You want to opt for lightweight fabrics, such as silk, charmeuse, batiste and georgette, as these will be more breathable and easy to travel. Also, you want to be aware of your dress length. A train or floor length dress can easily be ruined on the beach, so be ready for a shorter dress length than you may have initially anticipated.
- If you’re finding a lot of shorter dresses are lacking enough “flair” and “sass” for you, add an accent with pearls, since they effortlessly accent a beach themed wedding. Flowers can also be used in your hair to add a simple yet elegant accent, which may also be best since a veil can be swept up by the wind!
- If you’re looking to soak up some rays while taking your vows, you may want to opt for a bikini and sarong or pareo wrap.
- And be sure to account for appropriate footwear, since heels are definitely not the shoes you want for a beach wedding. Because even a simple sandal can kick up sand onto your dress, you should go barefoot for your ceremony and save the shoes for your reception. But to add something special for your ceremony, add a toe ring, ankle bracelet or bridal foot jewelry.
July 7th, 2011
Our Ocean Isle Beach wedding planners have been bringing you our Wedding Planner Timeline this summer and we’re quickly approaching the end of our timeline! Previously, we’ve shared our wedding checklists for 12+, 9-12, 5-8 and 3-4 months before your wedding day and below is our checklist for 2 months before your wedding. We hope you find our latest blog post series helpful and for all of your Ocean Isle Beach wedding needs, we hope you think of us!
- Schedule your final fitting for your gown and make it an event to be shared with your bridesmaids and flower girl! Your bridesmaids and flower girl should have their final fittings as well, and confirm with the men’s formal wear shop that they have everyone’s measurements and that you are on schedule.
- Also confirm with your vendors and florists that all of your orders are on schedule. This is the best time to fill in any potential gaps either you or your vendors have.
- Choose your wedding music and if applicable, discuss with your band or DJ. Be prepared to share ideas and be sure to include songs that have a special meaning for you and your groom.
- Schedule a meeting with your photographer to finalize plans and also visit the ceremony and reception areas so you can be prepared on your wedding day.
- Order your thank you cards and address labels so that writing your thank you notes will be that much easier after your wedding.
- Submit a wedding announcement in your local newspaper. Be sure to save extra copies or send the website link to family and friends out of town.
- And make time to have some FUN at your Bridal Luncheon and Bachelorette Party! Try to find out (without spoiling any surprises, of course) if your friends have already begun planning a party if you don’t have one already planned.
June 30th, 2011
Our Ocean Isle Beach wedding planners look forward to helping you with your Carolina beach wedding, from setting your date to the wrap-up at your reception. And when you’re preparing for your big day, we want to help you with even the smallest details, such as choosing your wedding favors. Below is a list of some of the most unique wedding favors we’ve seen. Are you on a strict budget? Check out our previous blog post on keeping your beach themed favors cheap!
If you’re interested in edible favors, check out these:
June 24th, 2011
In the past few weeks, our Ocean Isle wedding planners have brought you our Wedding Planner Timeline for new brides. From 12+ months, 9-12 months and 5-8 months before their wedding day, we’re making it easy for you to ensure every aspect of your wedding is covered! Now we’d like to share our latest checklist: 3-4 Months Before Your Wedding. Don’t be intimidated by it’s size, our North Carolina beach wedding planners are here to help!
- Check with your primary doctor to be sure there are no exams or blood tests required in your state to get your marriage license.
- Send out your invitations. Be sure to double check the postage required, especially when using odd-shaped or thick invitations.
- Send your groom, groomsmen and father of the bride out to rent or purchase their tuxedos while you worry about your dress fitting. That includes purchasing your undergarments and shoes. Also, schedule hair and makeup appointments to try out different styles. Be sure to take pictures and get feedback from friends and family.
- Give your Bridal Shower host the guest list and begin shopping for bridal party gifts.
- While shopping for the bridal party gifts, order your wedding favors. Monogrammed items are always a crowd pleaser. If desired, also order customized items such as napkins and matchbooks (especially when using sparklers!)
- Print menu cards and programs, if desired. When placing an order, remember to bring a swatch so all of your colors are uniform.
- Choose your music! Decide specific songs for the Bride and Groom’s First Dance, Father/Daughter Dance, etc.
- Finalize the order of your rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception. This includes finalizing who will make toasts and what readings will be used. Be sure to give a schedule to your vendors and follow up to make sure they are on board. Also, while talking to your vendors, confirm your menu, flowers and cake, including delivery times.
- Purchase your WEDDING RINGS! Of course this process with be a team effort of the bride and groom’s and wedding band shopping this early ensures plenty of time for resizing and engraving, if necessary.
June 14th, 2011
Have you been consumed with wedding planning lately? Are you a little too stressed and in need of a romantic night? Our friends at the Islander Inn in Ocean Isle Beach have created a relaxing, enjoyable Date Night Package for you and your special someone! For only $290, their all-inclusive package includes a night in one of their luxury oceanfront king room with in-room movies and a romantic dinner for two at The Isles Restaurant and Tiki Bar in Ocean Isle Beach. Want to stay longer than one night? Simply ask about extending your romantic getaway, as they would love to accommodate you! To book your Date Night Getaway, call them today at 888-325-4753 today!
June 7th, 2011
Our Ocean Isle Beach wedding planners have been making planning your wedding even easier with our latest blog post series! We’ve already laid out an easy-to-follow lists for you from 12+ months before your wedding and 9-12 months before your wedding, and are excited to share our list of to-do’s 5-8 months before your big day.
- Time to put the spreadsheet you created months ago with your guest and their contact information to use! It’s time to finalize your guest list and send out your “Save the Date” cards. While deciding on those, select your invitations and place your order.
- Meet with your officiant to discuss your ceremony and confirm you have submitted all of your marriage documentation, including church and government paperwork.
- Finalize your transportation between the ceremony and reception. Remember to keep in mind the size and fit of your gown, and make sure your form of transportation will allow for an easy trip.
- Book your florist and finalize your wedding cake. These two vendors may need to work together, and remember to bring swatches and color samples to tastings and meetings. Take into consideration any allergies your guests may have.
- If applicable, reserve any structural and electrical necessities for your ceremony and reception. Finalize how many tables, tents, chairs and portable toilets you may need and any lighting or A/V equipment required.
- And now is the time to start planning your HONEYMOON! The earlier you make your arrangements, the cheaper your rates will be. If you’re planning to leave the country, be sure your passports are valid and you address any requirements to enter the country.
June 2nd, 2011
In our latest blog post series, our Ocean Isle Beach wedding planners compiled a list of your wedding planning checklist from 12+ months before your wedding. And in our second blog post, we’ve made your 9-12 months before your wedding checklist for you!
- Select your bridal party and decide on your bridesmaids’ dresses. Check out our last blog post for some of the hottest beach wedding trends of 2011, including choosing a specific color rather than style for your bridesmaids, giving them the option to choose a style that is most flattering to their body type.
- Book your caterer, including paying a security deposit. As always, be aware of their refund/cancellation policy in case you need to change your date.
- Choose your band or DJ, photographer and, if applicable, your videographer. Take your time to research these especially, as you will hold onto your photos/videos as timepieces and a good band or DJ can “make or break” your reception! If the band is performing in your area, attend one of their concerts to see them in action before your big day.
- Upon receiving your RSVP’s you will have a better idea of the number of wedding guests. Reserve an appropriate amount of rooms for at three different hotels at different price points for guests to choose from. Try to book hotels that are near your reception venue.
- Sign up for your gift registry. Beware to include your fiancé in the process, which ensures you will get items both of you will actually use in the future. Choose at least three retailers and be sure to choose items from a wide price range to accommodate your guests’ budgets.
- While it is optional, launching your own customized wedding website is becoming quite popular. WeddingChannel.com is an excellent personalized wedding website that allows you to share your “story”, link to your guest registry and share photos, guest accommodations and more.
- And what is perhaps the most fun and exciting part of all your wedding planning….it is time to start searching for your WEDDING GOWN! It may seem early to start thinking about your gown, but you need to allow time for multiple fittings and alterations. Remember that sometimes brides cling to the first dress they try on because it’s the first time they’ve seen themselves in a gown – don’t let someone talk you into a dress that is out of your budget just because it’s the first time you’ve seen yourself as a bride! Take family and friends with you and get their honest opinions as well.