In the past few weeks, our Ocean Isle wedding planners have brought you our Wedding Planner Timeline for new brides. From 12+ months, 9-12 months and 5-8 months before their wedding day, we’re making it easy for you to ensure every aspect of your wedding is covered! Now we’d like to share our latest checklist: 3-4 Months Before Your Wedding. Don’t be intimidated by it’s size, our North Carolina beach wedding planners are here to help!
- Check with your primary doctor to be sure there are no exams or blood tests required in your state to get your marriage license.
- Send out your invitations. Be sure to double check the postage required, especially when using odd-shaped or thick invitations.
- Send your groom, groomsmen and father of the bride out to rent or purchase their tuxedos while you worry about your dress fitting. That includes purchasing your undergarments and shoes. Also, schedule hair and makeup appointments to try out different styles. Be sure to take pictures and get feedback from friends and family.
- Give your Bridal Shower host the guest list and begin shopping for bridal party gifts.
- While shopping for the bridal party gifts, order your wedding favors. Monogrammed items are always a crowd pleaser. If desired, also order customized items such as napkins and matchbooks (especially when using sparklers!)
- Print menu cards and programs, if desired. When placing an order, remember to bring a swatch so all of your colors are uniform.
- Choose your music! Decide specific songs for the Bride and Groom’s First Dance, Father/Daughter Dance, etc.
- Finalize the order of your rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception. This includes finalizing who will make toasts and what readings will be used. Be sure to give a schedule to your vendors and follow up to make sure they are on board. Also, while talking to your vendors, confirm your menu, flowers and cake, including delivery times.
- Purchase your WEDDING RINGS! Of course this process with be a team effort of the bride and groom’s and wedding band shopping this early ensures plenty of time for resizing and engraving, if necessary.